Bonus Episode: Recipe Roundup #3
We challenged ourselves with some fairly straight forward cooking this round, things you’d expect to be easy and produce excellent results. Most of the recipes used common ingredients, many from our home-pantry. We put up 3 slow-cooker cookbooks against each other; we cooked some surprisingly easy and delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes, we took on celebrity chef Michael Symon’s straightforward approach to meat and we rounded everything out with three deliciously chocolate recipes from the doyenne of baking herself, Rose Levy Beranbaum, in her new book Rose’s Baking Basics. While all of the recipes rated well enough to land on Now That’s A Mouthful Recipes Page, that didn’t mean they weren’t without issue. We learned a lot, asked a lot of questions and, as usual, our testers had a lot to say about what we were cooking!
In this episode we'll be talking about:
- The recipes that we mention in our episodes, in detail!
- What worked and what didn’t for our testing community. What rated the highest (SkinnyTaste One & Done, Pork Chops Pizzaiola, and Buffalo Drumsticks with the Creamy Cabbage and Kale Slaw; Carnivore, Prime Rib). What rated the lowest (3.0 out of 5.0) (Lunchbox Salads Red Pepper and Eggplant with Red Pesto and Zucchini Noodles and Red Pepper Pesto).
- Our most cooked recipes from Chloe Flavor. Butternut Mac with Smoky Shiitake Bacon; 5-Ingredient Kale Pesto; Artichoke Garlic Bread. Our most talked about recipe Butternut Mac with Smoky Shiitake Bacon.
- The cookbooks that the recipes come from and put it all into context.
- Chef Donna’s two favorite cookbooks – Carnviore, by Michael Symon and Chloe Flavor; Cherie’s two favorite cookbooks – Rose’s Baking Basics, Rose Levy Beranbaum, and SkinnyTaste One & Done. Cherie also love the Zucchini Noodle and Sweet Potato Salad and Avocado Dressing from Lunchbox Salads.
- Our weekly subscribers found Crissy Teigen’s Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Breakfast Bake, from Cravings Hungry for More, rather interesting, highly caloric, not easy for a morning bake, but nevertheless worthy of making for breakfast buffet.
- Episode 36 Baking Basics, Parts I & II; Episode 37 What’s In A Name; Upcoming Episode 41 Where We Find Our Food
- What our testers had to say about the name confusion around Butternut Mac with Smoky Shiitake Bacon and the suggested ways our testers will use the Shiitake Bacon.
- The ways our Testing Community suggest using the Chai Apple Butter from Stock the Crock.
- What our recipe testing community had to say about it all!
- These recipes and more on our website at nowthatsamouthful.com on our Recipes page.
Join us at Now That’s a Mouthful as a Recipe Tester or signup for our Weekly Updates. Keep the conversation going by joining us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and tag us by using #nowthatsamouthful and #mouthfulpodcast