Bonus Episode: Recipe Roundup S2 #2
We dive into a diverse set of cookbooks and recipes our Recipe Testers took on to see what worked and what we did to improve upon them. Grilling season was in high gear and the warmer months were coming to an end. We tackled complex recipes filled with lots of component recipes from Celebrity Chef Jennfier Jasinski, grilled burgers and steak, shrimp and lamb, and even peaches and watermelon. We also used watermelon as the base for a low alcohol by volume (abv) cocktail, along with two other adult beverages. Finally, we took on a curated collection of recipes from Jacques Pepin hoping to change up our chicken game. While all of the recipes rated well enough to land on Now That’s A Mouthful Recipes Page, that didn’t mean they weren’t without issue. We learned a lot, asked a lot of questions and, as usual, our testers had a lot to say about what we were cooking!
We’ll be talking about…
- The recipes that we mention in our episodes, in detail!
- What worked and what didn’t for our testing community. What rated the highest (Stuffed Flank Steak from How to Grill Everything; Corn and Shallots with Sundried Tomatoes from Poulet and Legumes, Seoul to Buffalo Shrimp with Lemongrass Chili Sauce and Blackening Seasoning from Korean BBQ), and the Hand Cut Burger from Burger to Believe In). And what rated the lowest (Chicken Mayonnaise from Poulet and Legumes, Grilled Peaches with Cabrales Crostini from The Perfect Bite, Watermelon with Honey and Lime from How to Grill Everything). Most cooked recipe, Chicken and Parsley from Poulet and Legumes.
- The cookbooks that the recipes come from and we'll put those recipes all into context.
- Chef Donna’s two favorite cookbooks – The Perfect Bite and Burger to Believe In; Cherie’s favorite cookbooks – Korean BBQ, and Poulet and Legumes, and Burger to Believe In.
- What our recipe testing community had to say about it all.
Join us at Now That’s a Mouthful as a Recipe Tester or through our Weekly Updates. You can keep the conversation going by joining us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and tag us by using #nowthatsamouthful and #mouthfulpodcast