Bonus Episode: In the test kitchen: Reina Punch from Batch Cocktails
We’re testing the Reina Punch Cocktail from Batch Cocktails by Maggie Hoffman. We taste 2 tequilas, 4 pinot noirs and have a lot of fun. Understand how testing a recipe works and take a peek inside our test kitchen to hear how we blend, balance and create a delicious cocktail.
We talk about…
- A glimpse into our Test Kitchen and the recipe testing process
- EPISODE 53 Spring Sparklers and Summer Cocktails
- Batch Cocktail, by Maggie Hoffman: The Reina Punch Recipe
- Comparing Tequilas and 4 Pinot Noirs
- The Weekly Tasting from WTSO – Southern Hemisphere vs. California and Oregon Pinot Noirs
- Two Tequilas: Espelon vs. Casa Noble
- Comparing the Hibiscus Red Bell Pepper Syrup. Cherie’s version vs. Chef Donna’s
- Chef Donna learning to use Cherie’s hand held juicer
- The results: Choose a Pinot Noir you love, it makes a difference in the cocktail. If you like the taste of tequila, choose one with an agave forward flavor. If not, choose a milder brand like the Espelon.
- Use what you like because the spirit and wine are backbone of the drink. Choosing what you like makes the difference.
Join us at Now That’s a Mouthful as a Recipe Tester or signup for our Weekly Updates. Keep the conversation going by joining us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and tag us by using #nowthatsamouthful, #mouthfulpodcast, and #NTAMgrams.